Enjoy The Ideal Jamaica Wedding
A growing trend among couples has been the Jamaica wedding. The island of Jamaica is such a breathtaking and romantic island that marrying your significant other there is only fitting. There are hotels in Montego Bay, Negril, and Ocho Rios such as Half Moon and Sandals that provide excellent wedding packages for happy couples.
Jamaica has been proud to witness many weddings. Couples from all over the world make Jamaica the island where they make their most important union. In fact, I married my lovely wife in Kingston, Jamaica. Apart from becoming the husband of an incredible woman, I enjoyed not having to travel very far to honeymoon. We arrived at Sandals in Ocho Rios within an hour and a half of leaving Kingston.
When it is high season in Jamaica, hotels can host several weddings per day. The hotels can arrange for someone to officiate the wedding, a photographer,champagne, and a wedding cake...Jamaican wedding cakes are decadent and quite appealing.
Where to have your wedding in Jamaica?
How about having the wedding at the hotel in which you will be honeymooning? Some hotels and resorts will include your honeymoon in the cost of the wedding package.
Two of the most famous hotels to witness and officiate your wedding is Half Moon and Sandals. Half Moon is located in Montego Bay and Sandals is in Ocho Rios, Negril, and Montego Bay. There are certainly other hotels and/or resorts that offer a special Jamaica wedding.
Important Jamaica wedding preparation:
- If you intend to participate in a wedding in Jamaica you must have been on the island for at least 24 hours.
- You will need to be able to provide your birth certificate and documentation proving that you have never been married before.
- Bring documentation showing that you have been divorced or have unfortunately lost your significant other if you have been married before.
- Be prepared to pay for the license and ceremony.
- You will need to apply at the Ministry of National Security and Justice which is located in Kingston, Jamaica.
I can assure you that you will be fully satisfied with your romantic wedding in Jamaica. This is the type of wedding which you will remember for the rest of your life. Trust me, I know. In fact, here is a resource with some creative ideas for planning a seashell themed beach wedding.
Return from Jamaica Weddings to Jamaica Travel Tips home page